West Indies team has signed a three year deal to become the official Kit Sponsor. This includes the West Indies Men, Women and Under 19 team. West Indies are the reining T-20 Champions. The West Indies men will wear BLK for the first time when they begin their tour of England with a Test Match at Edgbaston on August 17. Continue reading “West Indies Cricket BLK Shirt Deal-2017”
Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan continued his good form in the ICC Champions Trophy when he smashed yet another half-century against South Africa during India’s third Group B match. Dhawan scored 78 runs during India’s run chase of 192 runs and also became the fastest batsman to score 1000 runs in ICC ODI tournaments. The left-handed batsman achieved this feat in just 16 innings and broke Sachin Tendulkar’s record who achieved it in 18 innings. Continue reading “Fastest Batsman to score 1000 Runs in ICC One Day Tournaments- Shikhar Dhawan”
South Africa skipper and star Batsman Ab De Villiers tasted a rare failure in the ICC Champions Trophy match against Pakistan as he was dismissed for a golden duck for the first time in his career. He was caught by Mohammad Hafeez off the bowling of Imad Wasim. Continue reading “Ab De Villiers First Ever Golden Duck in ODI”
A Crowd of 24,156 was in attendance for the India vs Pakistan game at Edgbaston in the Champions Trophy on 4 June 2017. This is the highest ever crowd for the One day international at Edgbaston. Continue reading “India vs Pakistan Attendance Champions Trophy 2017 Crowd Edgbaston 4 June 2017”
Here are the list of Marquee players-
1. Hashim Amla.
2. Quinton de Kock
3. AB de Villiers
4. JP Duminy
5. Faf du Plessis
6 .David Miller
7. Kagiso Rabada
8. Imran Tahir.
Here are the list of International marguee players-
1. Dwayne Bravo (West Indies)
2. Chris Gayle (West Indies)
3. Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka)
4. Brendon McCullum (New Zealand)
5. Eoin Morgan (England)
6. Kevin Pietersen (England)
7. Kieron Pollard (West Indies)
8. Jason Roy (England). Continue reading “List of Marquee and International Players in South Africa T-20 League”
1.Which stadium had the maximum capacity in the 2017 edition? 1. M. Chinnaswamy Stadium. 2.Holkar Cricket Stadium. 3. Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium. 4. Green Park.
2. Which team has beaten Mumbai Indians twice in league stages? 1. Sunrisers Hyderabad. 2.Rising Pune Supergiant. 3. Kings XI Punjab. 4. Delhi Daredevils
3. Which team was at the bottom of the table? 1. Kings XI Punjab. 2. Gujarat Lions. 3.Delhi Daredevils. 4. Royal Challengers Bangalore.
4. Which Ipl Team captain won the Orange Cap? 1.Gautam Gambhir. 2. Steve Smith. 3. Suresh Raina. 4. David Warner.
5. Which Rising Pune Supergiant bowler took a hatrick ? 1. Jaydev Unadkat. 2. Shardul Thakur.
3. Imran Tahir. 4. Adam Zampa.
6. Which Mumbai Indians allrounder was declared the man of the match in the final? 1. Hardik Pandya. 2. Krunal Pandya. 3. Jos Butler. 4. Nitish Rana.
7. Who was the youngest player to feature in the IPL Final? 1.Washington Sundar. 2. Rashid Khan. 3.Ishan Kishan. 4. Nitish Rana.
8. Who is the IPLs all-time top wicket-taker with 143 wickets? 1. Lasith Malinga. 2.Jasprit Bumrah. 3.Mitchell Johnson. 4. Mitchell McClenaghan.
9.Who scored the fastest half-century from 15 balls against RCB in IPL history? 1. Yusuf Pathan. 2.Chris Lynn. 3. Manish Pandey. 4. Sunil Narine.
10. Which overseas player was picked for the franchise with a highest Bid? 1. Ben Stokes. 2. Tymal Mills. 3. Mohammed Siraj. 4 Yuvraj Singh. Continue reading “IPL 2017 Quiz- Indian Premier League 2017 Season.”
He was just an ordinary kid in Ranchi which in the late 1990’s was a part of the state in Bihar. Like other boys, he went to school, got back home, had his lunch and he rushed to Mecon stadium which was nearby to his house. He used to like all outdoor sports.He was soft spoken, shy and was very serious about his studies also.. His friends nick named “MAHI” Football was one of his favourite game before he switched to cricket. His idol was Sachin Tendulkar. Sports teacher saw Mahi from close version. He asked Mahi whether he will be interested in playing cricket. Mahi was intially hesitant but he agrred and the sports teacher told him to come after the class for practice. He used to practice after school every evening. In the intial stages he struggled, but later on as the time passed he became a very good wicketkeeper. His teacher was very happy to see it. He was very fond of watching fighter jets that took off from the Kalaikunda air base near Kharagpur. Watching cricket on television was a must for Dhoni. He had arguments with his mates regarding which channel to watch. One day his room mate Deepak was watching Amitabh Bachchan’s movie ” Muqaddar Ka Sikandar”, whereas on the other channel they were showing India vs Australia match at the same time. Both wanted to see their own programs. They had an intense argument which led to fight resulting in a slight damage to the television. His friend Krishna who was a mere spectator had to intervene and decided to favour Dhoni and all of them watched the match. Robin, who hailed from Chhattisgarh, captained the SER team. Like Dhoni, he too worked as a TTE (Train Ticket Examiner) which meant that each of them spent long hours away from the flat.
People will remember Dhoni for hitting the spectacular six of Kulasekara which won India in the finals of the 50-over World Cup in 2011 against Sri Lanka. With grits, guts and determination he won India to an ICC World Twenty20, an ICC 50-over Cricket World Cup and an ICC Champions Trophy triumph, as well as the number one ranking in Tests. He promoted himself ahead of Yuvraj in 2011 world cup which raised eyebrows. But he played with determination and remained unbeaten on 93. He also won Chennai Super Kings 3 Ipl victories. His name even cropped up in the match fixing saga, but that didnt affect him that much and he continued to play with lot of intent. Although he has had his fair share of disappointments, for MSD, failure has been yet another motivation to work hard and succeed.
Here are the list of ICC Top Five One day Bowlers in May 2017. Continue reading “ICC Top Five ODI Bowlers May 2017”
South African batsman Hashim Amla overtook Virat Kohli to become the fastest to reach 7000 One day runs in the course of the third and final ODI against England at Lord’s. Amla took only 151 innings to get to the landmark while Kohli took 161 innings. Hashim Amla also holds the record for becoming the fastest to score 2000, 3000,4000, 5000, 6000 and 7000 runs. Continue reading “Fastest to score 7000 ODI Runs- Hashim Amla”
Here are the list of each team members representing the Afghanistan T-20 league. Continue reading “List of Overseas Players in Afghanistan T-20 League-2017”